Fireplace inserts are an excellent source of heat without the fuss of a real wood fire. You also don’t need a source of fuel like gas fireplaces require. Fireplace inserts give you the authentic look of a real flame, plus a nice source of comfortable heat. Here are the seven best wood fireplace insert models. They are ranked in reverse order of customer rating, ending with the highest rated model.
|Product||AKDY 36-inch Electric Fireplace||Regal Flame Cynergy 50-inch Fireplace Insert||Valuxhome Houselux 36-inch Electric Fireplace Insert||R.W.FLAME 36-inch Electric Fireplace Insert||PuraFlame 30-inch Electric Fireplace Insert||Touchstone AudioFlare 50-inch Electric Fireplace Insert||KUPPET YA-300 28.5-inch Fireplace Insert|
|Type||Wall mount||Portable Insert Wall mount||Wall mount||Portable Wall mount||Portable Wall mount||Wall mounted||Portable Wall mount|
|Heating Power||750 &1500W||18,000BTUs||750 &1500W||750W &1500W||750W &1500W||750W &1500W||750W &1500W|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year||2 years||1 year||2 years||2 years|
7. AKDY 36″ Wooden Tempered Glass Log Pebble 2-in-1 Electric Fireplace
- Remote control: Yes – full remote control.
- Thermostat: Yes – dual heat settings with remote temperature control.
- Wireless: There is no wireless capability.
The first option on your list of fireplace inserts is a smaller unit that has a 2-in-1 feature. It is a wall mounted unit that emits up to 1500 watts of heat. You can also change the border color around the tempered glass to fit different room colors.
6. Regal Flame Cynergy 50-inch Fireplace Insert
- Remote control: No remote control
- Thermostat: Yes – full control thermostat
- Wireless: No wireless
The next choice is an extremely adaptable source of heat. It is one of the few on your list of the best wood fireplace insert models that offers multiple ways to generate heat. You can use bioethanol, propane, or natural gas, plus the standard electric power. This gives you a lot of flexibility in where you can use your insert.
5. Valuxhome Houselux 36-inch Electric Fireplace Insert
- Remote control: Yes 8 foot range remote control
- Thermostat: No thermostat – dual heat settings and heat timer.
- Wireless: No wireless or Bluetooth capabilities.
The next choice on your list of the best wood fireplace insert models is by Valuxhome. It is made using a strong ABS plastic shell, framed in sturdy metal. The screen is tempered glass for added safety.
4. R.W.FLAME 36-inch Electric Fireplace Insert
- Remote control: Yes – full system control from up to 12 feet away
- Thermostat: No thermostat, but dual heat settings with automatic timer.
- Wireless: No wireless.
The R.W. Flame fireplace inserts employ a convenient touchscreen feature. You can easily change from fire color, flame speed, and flame brightness. There are two heat settings designed to heat up to 400 square feet of room space.
3. PuraFlame 30-inch Western Electric Fireplace Insert
- Remote control: Yes – full remote control
- Thermostat: No thermostat, but dual heat settings – 750W and 1500W.
- Wireless: No wireless capability.
The next choice for the best wood fireplace insert model uses energy saving LED technology. There is a three-sided fireplace appearance, with realistic embers and burning logs. You can pick a temperature range using the remote control, from 60 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Touchstone AudioFlare 50-inch Electric Fireplace Insert
- Remote control: There is no remote control, but you can set the heat timer from 30 minutes to 7 hours.
- Thermostat: There are dual heat settings, plus a timer.
- Wireless: Yes – the Touchtone insert has wireless Bluetooth connectivity.
The next insert adds a realistic crackle of a burning fire to your experience. If you choose, you can connect any Bluetooth ready device and add music to your fireplace insert. This is a full 50-inch model, which presents a very authentic appearance.
1. KUPPET YA-300 28.5-inch Embedded Electric Fireplace Insert
- Remote control: Yes – full-functioning remote control (AA batteries not included).
- Thermostat: No – this insert has dual heat settings, high and low.
- Wireless: There are no wireless remote capabilities for this fireplace insert.
The final model on your list of the best wood fireplace insert choices generated the highest overall customer rating. It is a smaller unit, but it has two practical heat settings. This unit can also be moved from room to room without any difficulty.
These are the seven best wood fireplace insert models. Each has unique features you may find useful for your specific needs. If you’ve used any of these fireplace inserts, tell us about your experience. In addition, if you think there is a model out there we missed, let us hear about those as well.
Other Related Products: