Space heaters are often used as a means of reducing costs associated with a central heating unit by utilizing area heating and allowing you to turn down your thermostat. For example, a Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater 1500 Watt unit can provide the area heating you are looking for.
Our review of this space heater is geared toward providing you with the specification and features you will find included with this heater. We’ll look at the various pros and cons that are most often pointed out in relation to this specific unit and we’ll take a quick look at what other users have said about it. As an added bonus, we’ll also give you some basic tips for using an infrared heater in your home.
- Product type: Infrared Portable
- Power: 1500 Watts
- Heating power: 5200 BTU
- Built-in Thermostat: yes (adjustable 50 to 86 degrees)
- Controllable via central thermostat: no
- Wireless: no
- Product dimensions: 13” w x 11” d x 16” h/33.02 cm x 27.94 cm x 40.64 cm
- Weight: 23.5 lb/10.66 kg
When it comes to electric space heaters one of the most efficient that you can get your hands on is the Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater 1500 Watt unit. Utilizing infrared heat allows this space heater to conserve the natural moisture level in the room. And this without producing the negative effects of drying out the air around you. The noise level of the blower on this unit comes in at a quiet 39 dB on high. Plus, it is almost completely silent on the low setting. It takes only a moment to start producing warm air in the room and will sustain the level of warmth you set with the unit’s thermostat.
Though it is lightweight, it has casters so that you can move it from one room to the other without lifting it. Additional features of this unit include a handy remote control you can use to turn your heater on and off without having to leave the comfort of your favorite chair or bed. Plus, you also get a 12-hour programmable timer to allow the unit to automatically shut off at a certain time. It has built-in safety features like a tip-over switch and a thermal overload cut-off switch.
Finally, if you are looking for a portable space heater that will quickly warm up a room up to 600 square feet without drying out the air, this is a good choice to fit your needs.
What People Say about the Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater 1500 Watt
Most users simply like the fact that it does a great job of quickly heating a room and keeping it warm. They point out that the blower on the unit is a lot quieter than those typically used on ceramic heaters or even the blowers on electric or gas fireplace units. The convenience of using the remote control is a feature that was pleasing to many users as well. One of the most important benefits that are pointed out by several users is the fact that they don’t awaken with parched throats or a dry mouth upon awakening. What’s amazing is that it doesn’t happen even when they run the heater in their bedroom all night.
The most common area that users site for needing improvement has to do with the functionality of the programming buttons. The lighting of the configuration controls on the unit itself can be confusing. This makes it hard to adjust, and one user even complained that the menu buttons were clunky. Complaints about the unit frequently turning on and off while checking the pre-set temperature is another annoyance to several users. Moreover, few declared they liked the durability and longevity of the included remote.
Tips for Using an Infrared Heater in Your Home
Infrared heaters are a viable option for helping you to save on the overall costs of your central heating unit. These small units produce optimal area heating in a cost-effective manner and tend to be quite impressive at taking off a chill. To get the most out of your infrared heater, here are some tips for best usage and care of your heater:
- Connect your heater to a 20-amp circuit outlet and use that outlet only for the heater. A 1500 watt heater along with other lights or appliances utilizing the same outlet, especially on a 15-amp circuit will trip a breaker and cause you some unnecessary frustration.
- Though most infrared heaters have cool-to-touch exteriors, removing clutter near and around the heater will make it function at its optimum level.
- Quartz bulb or tube style infrared heaters will burn out and will require replacement at some point in the life of the heater. You should make certain that you will be able to purchase these replacement parts at a reasonable price before purchasing the heating unit.
- You should not be using an extension cord with space heaters. However, if you should require the use of one, be sure to match the UL certification rating. Pay attention to the wattage capacity of the cord and the specifications of your heater.
- Expecting an infrared heater to be your home’s only heating unit is a little bit too much of a requirement for the capacity of a space heater. That’s why you should use a space heater for supplemental heating only.
In the end, utilizing these few tips for the proper use of your infrared space heater will allow you to get the most out of the unit and avoid a great deal of unnecessary frustration.
For auxiliary, area heating, few space heaters match the overall efficiency of an infrared heater. There are various great features and benefits we just discussed concerning the Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater 1500 Watt unit. As such, you should recognize that this heater has plenty of value build into its price. In addition, you should have the right information to make a qualified decision. Finally, this is essential when it comes to purchasing this model of space heater for your home.
Other Related Products: