Like fireplaces, wood stoves have a certain nostalgia and atmosphere surrounding them that people enjoy having in their homes. However, the mess and maintenance of a wood stove can be a little overwhelming, not to mention that they are pretty much fixed to only one place. You can get the nostalgia and atmosphere of a wood stove and the convenience of a space heater in the Duraflame DFI 5010 01 Infrared Quartz Electric Stove.
This review will make a closer examination of the features and specifications of this particular model while pointing out its pros and cons. We will also provide you with a look into what other users have to say about this stove, and then we’ll wrap it all together by providing a few tips concerning electric fireplace stoves in general.
About DURAFLAME DFI 5010 01
- Product type: infrared quartz electric stove
- Power: 1500 watts
- Heating power: 5,200 BTU
- Built-in Thermostat: yes (digital)
- Controllable via central thermostat: no
- Wireless: no
- Product dimensions: 24” w x 13.1” d x 23.5” h / 60.96 cm x 33.27 cm x 59.69 cm
- Weight: 28.6 lb/13 kg
This DURAFLAME DFI 5010 01 Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove is a top seller because is an attractive addition to any home’s décor. Utilizing infrared heat technology, this unit helps to maintain humidity in the air, which makes it more efficient. When there is a chill in the air outside, you can warm up the inside of any room up to 500 square feet in area while enjoying the ambiance of dancing flames and glowing embers thanks to its patented 3D flame effect technology.
The flame effects of this stove are layered for greater realism, which can be adjusted to five different brightness, color and speed options, behind its beveled glass fully functional door and side panels. The remote control included with this unit will allow you to adjust both the flame adjust both the flame configuration as well as its built-in digital thermostat so that you can enjoy this stove with or without heat year round.
Like all of the best space heaters, the cool to the touch safety feature of this unit makes it safe to use around both pets and children. It also includes a tip-over switch and thermal overload auto-shutoff so that you can operate it worry-free in any room of the house or even in your RV thanks to its lightweight and compact design. Add a little extra atmosphere along with space heating to your home with this top rated infrared quartz fireplace stove.
What People Say about DURAFLAME DFI 5010 01
The 3D flame technology and log set of this stove are realistic right down to the glowing embers according to some users who have had guests avoid touching it because they think they’ll suffer a burn. This unit is efficient as an area heater and can help keep down central heating costs, others pointed out. Some users talk about it being quiet enough to leave on while sleeping or watching television, even when it is right next to their chair. They also like that the digital controls have a good light and you can easily read them. Many also point out that it takes the chill off of large to medium-sized rooms as well.
Disappointed users do not like that the LCD readout is behind the door, so you have to get up and open the door to adjust the settings, making the remote a bit useless. Some point out that the plastic door handle is a little less than durable. The expectation of one customer went off the window when the glow of the flames did not reflect off the walls and create shadows like a real fireplace.
How to Pick the Best Fireplace Stove for Your Home
Though various users will have different expectations and personal preferences when it comes to selecting a fireplace stove for their home, there are some general features you should look for when shopping for this type of space heater. Here is a quick rundown of those features:
- Realistic Flame Simulation. Fireplace stoves serve for two purposes: heat and ambiance. A more realistic flame helps create the ambiance and nostalgia that you expect from the unit. 3D LED flame effects should create both a flaming and smoldering effect in order to be more realistic.
- Heating Option. There are usually two different heating options to choose from: fan-forced heat and infrared heat. Fan forced heat tends to heat in a single direction. This is nice if you stand in front of the unit to take off a chill. However, infrared heat will spread throughout the room and heat the entire area.
- Heating Efficiency. The heating efficiency of a freestanding electric fireplace stove may vary. It depends upon how well you size it for the room where you will use it. Some people force the stove to run constantly to keep a larger room warm. However, it won’t be nearly as efficient as a stove that only has to run part of the time. Thus it can heat quickly the room where you are using it.
- Portability. Do you know what’s one of the best features of an electric fireplace stove? It’s that you don’t need to tie it to a stovepipe. A lightweight design can make it possible to move these stoves from one room to another. And this without a lot of trouble.
Keep these features in mind and be sure that you include all safety features. All this can make this type of stove an attractive option for the area or zone heating.
Here you can find the convenience and portability of an infrared quartz space heater. Moreover, you can enjoy the look and feel of a real wood stove without the mess and maintenance. This is what you can find in the Duraflame DFI 5010 01 Electric Fireplace Stove. Consider its specifications and features, as well as the realism of its flame function. Now, you just might choose this model to fulfill your needs for a space heater. Do you have experience with this model or other electric fireplace stoves in general? Please leave any tips or advice in the section below along with any questions others might have.
Other Related Products: