The ambiance of flickering flames and sparkling embers can bring a completely different kind of warmth to any room in the house and can be accomplished without the maintenance and mess of a traditional fireplace. Recessed mounted fireplaces, like the Touchstone Sideline Recessed Mounted Electric Fireplace, can be mounted in any room and are great for providing what you want in a fireplace without all those things that you don’t want.
We are about to take a much closer look at this models specifications and features, its pros and cons and also examine what other users have to say about it. We’ll follow that up with some questions to keep in mind when considering a recessed or wall mounted electric fireplace as an added bonus for general reference.
About Touchstone Sideline Recessed Mounted Electric Fireplace
- Product type: recess mounted electric fireplace
- Power: 750 to 1500 Watts
- Heating power: 2500 to 5200 BTU
- Built-in Thermostat: no
- Controllable via central thermostat: no
- Wireless: no
- Product dimensions: 60” w x 5.5” d x 21.5” h/152.4 cm x 13.97 cm x 54.61 cm
- Weight: 62 lb/28.12 kg
Installing a wall mounted electric fireplace, like the Touchstone Sideline Recessed Mounted Electric Fireplace, can provide that special added attraction to the décor of any room. The size of this fireplace is large enough to create the romantic atmosphere of a traditional fireplace in a larger room without getting lost. It mounts into any stud wall and looks like it belongs there instead of looking like another electronic accessory.
The realistic flame simulation of this electric fireplace does a great job of mimicking the real thing and can be adjusted to the perfect choice of flame settings on the unit or using the remote control. The heat output of this fireplace can be turned off and just provide atmosphere, or it can heat a room up to 500 square feet in area using one of its two heat settings. The unit includes a digital timer which can be set for up to 7.5 hours in 30-minute increments.
This attractive fireplace comes with an included crystal hearth and log-set for added realism and allows you to choose whether to recess mount or surface mount the unit. It includes safe to the touch surfaces so you can use it around pets and children and it also includes thermal overload auto-shutoff for added safety. Add a touch of romance to your décor by installing this unit as a central feature in any room in your home.
Other related topics:
What People Say about Touchstone Sideline Recessed Mounted Electric Fireplace
Many consumers discuss the calming ambiance this unit provides to the room. Moreover, they like the touch of added warmth when they need it. They tend to point out the realism of the flame simulation of this unit as being one of its top features. Some love by the sleek, modern and clean finish of this recessed mounted unit, which looks like it belongs where you install it. Several suggest that you are getting a lot more quality than you pay for when you purchase this unit.
This fireplace was a bit of a disappointment to some who expected it to heat a large-sized room in a similar manner to a traditional fireplace. One user noted that the rotating foil for the flame effect began to squeak after several uses and became quite annoying. Some users felt like, even on its brightest setting, the unit presented a sort of a fading flame look rather than that of a healthy burning fire.
How to Decide if a Recessed Mounted Fireplace is Right for Your Home
A recessed mounted fireplace can provide you with a cleaner finish. Moreover, it does not give the appearance of an electronic device hung on the wall. However, recessed mounting might not be the ideal option for your home and a wall mounted option might be better. Here are a few questions and tips to help you decide which option to choose:
- Do you have the proper wall depth and desire to cut into an existing wall? Depths of these units range from 4.5” to 7”, so a 6” stud wall is probably better for recessed mounting.
- Would building the wall out in order to accommodate a recessed mounted fireplace be a more viable option? But maybe you really don’t want to tear into a wall. Or you really can’t because it is concrete, brick or concrete block construction. In this case, “furring-out” the wall to accommodate a recessed installation is a viable option. Just make sure that your furring is wide enough to accommodate the depth of the unit.
- Are you planning to mount a television above the fireplace? If you plan to mount a television above your fireplace, you definitely should go with a recessed mounting. And this because hanging two large electronic items on the surface of the wall just looks tacky.
- Will the overall effect of the fireplace look the same with an installation you mounted on the surface? There are many instances like the one we just discussed. Plus, certain circumstances can make the unit look like it belongs where it is or like you added it on. You want to avoid the added on the look.
- Are you more concerned about the heat output of the unit or the ambiance that it provides? Choosing a unit for its heating capacity is probably not a great idea. And this because these units just don’t put out a ton of heat. In fact, higher watt units from 1500 watts and up can provide decent heat in a larger room. That is, if you want that little extra boost for your central heating system.
Recessed mounted electric fireplaces allow you all of the romance and ambiance of a traditional fireplace. However, they come without the mess and maintenance. You can mount them in a certain way too. Thus, they look like they belong as the centerpiece of the room as well.
Finally, you can mount an electric fireplace in or on any wall in your home. This allows you to create the perfect atmosphere in any room of the house. You have read what others have to say about this model. Plus, you have seen its pros and cons, as well as its features and benefits. You need a good qualification for making a decision whether this is the best option for your home. Do you have questions, experience with recessed or wall mounted electric fireplace? For this or any comments, please share them in the section below.
Other Related Products: